High Performance Coach Development Grant
The High Performance Coach Development Grant supports Saskatchewan coaches who work with high performance athletes and are committed to upgrading their coaching skills and abilities through education, training, and certification.
This grant allows the coach to participate in coaching workshops or conferences, attend major competitions as a coach, mentor with a Master Coach, upgrade their National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), or consult with a recognized sport expert. This grant may also be used in combination with support from other cost-sharing partners to help coaches broaden the scope of their learning options. High performance is defined as those who work with young adults to refine advanced skills and tactics and are typically prepared for performance at national and international level competition.
- Coaches selected to coach provincial team programs at National Championships or Canada Games
- Other coaches that are identified as potential future national team coaches by the NSO
- Coaches accepted to the Advanced Coach Diploma program and identified by their respective PSO or NSO
The coach must also meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be NCCP certified in the Competition Development context or Level 3 certified under the old NCCP
- Be a member in good standing with their Provincial Sport Organization
- Be coaching Saskatchewan high performance athletes (Provincial team or higher)
- Be committed to furthering their training and certification through continuous professional development
Activities and Expenses Supported
- The Advanced Coach Diploma program
- On-continent Travel to work with or mentor under top coaches and/or top programs (details on the credentials and expertise of these coaches must be provided)
- National Team Apprenticeship opportunities
- Sport specific or technical conferences and workshops
December 1st, March 1st, June 1st and September 1st annually.
The grant is funded by the Canadian Sport Centre Saskatchewan and administered through the Coaches Association of Saskatchewan.High Performance Coaching Grant Form High Performance Coaching Grant Follow-up Form