High Performance Women In Coaching Mentorship Grant
Supported through gender equity funding available from Sport Canada, Canadian Sport Centre Saskatchewan (CSCS) and the Coaches Association of Saskatchewan (CAS) are partnering to help High Performance coaches level-up so that they can coach athletes to the next level.
The Saskatchewan High Performance Women in Coaching Mentorship Grant is a new initiative dedicated toward increasing the number of confident and competent women coaching in our sport system. Sport in Canada continues to make strides towards ensuring that the perspectives of women are included at all levels; however, there are a variety of interpersonal, intrapersonal, environmental and policy-related barriers limiting the participation of women and girls in sport.
Through a community of practice mentors and mentees will be able to connect in meaningful ways to share their success while also sharing solutions to issues they may be encountering. This program is about building a lasting community among our coaches; setting a foundation for sharing, support and the enhancement of skills in one’s coaching tool kit.
The primary objectives for this mentorship opportunity are:
- Fostering community development;
- Providing a framework for meaningful participation;
- Increasing actual and perceived competence and knowledge;
- Developing an Individualized Long Term Professional Development Pathway;
- Increasing coaches understanding of external (NSO, Training centres, etc.) sport system.
Each mentor-mentee relationship is unique. Each mentee will be looking to gain skills specific to their needs and each mentor will look to foster that learning in their own way. However, CSCS and CAS have the following expectations:
- Experience coaching at a National and/or International level;
- Ability to commit two to five hours/month for conversations, email, phone, etc.;
- Two in-person meetings per year (Game Plan YXE is highly recommended as one of the in-person meetings)
- Participate in Strength Finder assessment with mentee and external consultant;
- Submit Mentor follow-up report to CAS and CSCS at the conclusion of formalized mentorship.
- Participate in Strength Finder assessment with mentor and external consultant;
- Identify three Key Performance Outcomes for the mentorship program;
- Two in-person meetings per year with mentor (Game Plan YXE is highly recommended as one of the meetings);
- Submit, with input from mentor, three key competencies that will be focused on/honed throughout;
- Participate in online and/or in-person professional development opportunities as hosted by the CSCS and CAS;
- Submit follow-up report to CAS and CSCS of formalized mentorship conclusion; to include career goals/plan for the next four years.
Applications open Monday, September 14, 2020 and close Sunday, October 19,2020.
Amount of Support
Up to $5000 is available through this grant program.WOMEN IN COACHING MENTEE GUIDELINES WOMEN IN COACHING MENTEE APPLICATION Women in Coaching Mentor Guidelines Women in Coaching Mentor Application